I adore fall. I know I am not the only who will wax poetic about the leaves turning and the chill in the air, but I really love how the change in season feels like something soul-bound- like you can feel it in your bones. For me it’s a romantic lead up to cozy days reading books and chilly mornings drinking pumpkin lattes and salted caramel mochas. It’s decadent and lush.
I can’t be the only one that feels this way, right?
Oh and hey, check out the new look. I thought Melis and the Muse could use a makeover, fall inspired of course, with all these delicious ambers and crimsons. Whatcha think?
Also, more random fall blathering…
1. The tarantulas are out! Every year around this time, we can spot them skittering on the sides of the road, or across it, on the drive home. If I come across one, I promise to take pictures. (of course)
2. Football season is here. Yes, I admit it, I’m kind of a football chick. On Sunday’s you can find us in front of the tv yelling our teams on. My daughters are die hard Dallas fans, and I get the biggest kick hearing them get excited about their team.
3. We have some fall-ish stuff coming up, my lil familia and I. Pumpkin patch at McCalls, a Broncos game in Denver, and Homecoming for my girl. You would think that would be enough, but we’ve also got birthdays, roadtrips, and a Halloween carnival…. yes, we are crazy, now that you metion it….
4. Oh and speaking of Halloween! I won’t even try to lie, when I see the decorations come out, I get giddy. I LOVE me some Halloween. Seriously, it is totally time to decorate. I especially love vintage looking Americana Halloween, like this….
5. One more thing. Fall makes me all domestic goddessy, like, I can’t even stand myself. I want to bake and cook and I found a bazillion great recipes on Pinterest…the added bonus being each recipe is attached to a picture, and lets face it, food porn is really what it surmounts to. Also, I am more likely to make something that looks really delish. Go here to see what I mean.
That’s all I’ve got. I know it’d been awhile since I really talked to ya’ll so I’m trying to make this post worthwhile and show ya some affection. Want some music? Here’s a little mellow somthing by The Magic Numbers….good driving music while I’m looking for tarantulas… 😉