Oh, it has been awhile hasn’t it?
Since my last slacky update, I have been in quite the state of introspection, planning and thinking about how to tweak some things in this little life and make it better.
Here’s what I have so far. A few things I love and want more of in my life…
1. More family/friends time. Does this mean I should try and work less, or restructure the little molecules of time so they mean more? Since I’m not a millionaire just yet, we’re going to try the restructuring thing and see how that works. What I do know for sure is time feels like its speeding past me like a bullet train, and I don’t want to get lost in the blur.
2. More beauty. More inspiration. More of the things that make life good. So far, wanting more is getting more, so it’s working. Lately I am fixated on the notion of typography as an art form, (which has nothing to do with this lovely image, though I do have some delicious typo samples for my next post……)
A few things I want less/none of…
1. Deception. I cannot quantify this without violating someone else’s privacy, but suffice it to say, I took a gamble in the relationship sense, and lost. In matters of the heart, my solitary and very few readers, may I just advise….be honest with yourself and in turn with whoever may dwell close to your heart. Think of it as good karmic banking. Using someone, under false pretense, and then bailing…..yeah, that’s cause for emotional bankruptcy. There’s nothing I despise more, than being lied to. Especially from someone you hoped the better of. I can say that it felt like taking a deep breath of fresh cold air once I made the necessary confrontations and set some much needed boundaries. Maybe the only way to look at it is you learn and move on. So here’s to moving on!!
2. Less spinning of the wheels when it comes to teen angst and work crap. I know this is easier said than done…I’m a human with a short fuse sometimes. (You’re shocked, I know, but it’s true! I get cranky!)
I do know, that the more I try to chill the better it will be, so yahoo for trying, and double yahoo for chilling.
In other news….
1. Christmas was great and now that it’s over I want spring. Isn’t that how it always happens? For me, snowy cold weather only acceptable if I can be inside next to a fire drinking hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps!
2. Also, I caught this song on the radio the other day and thought it was share-worthy. Enjoy.
3. And did I mention?? HAPPY NEW YEAR.